Basic Doctrine Statement
BASIC DOCTRINE STATEMENT
BASIC DOCTRINE STATEMENT
(STATEMENT OF FAITH)
The basic biblical doctrine statement revealed in the Holy Bible was authored by the Apostle Paul who had great knowledge of those details. However, this epistle was written down or copied by Paul's disciple St. Luke or Clement of Rome. This is according to Eusebius of Caesarea, Ecclesiastical History Volume One. Eusebius attended the counsel of Nicea 325AD. He had many early church documents in his possession that informed him and us of these details. Since that time, many of those documents he had have been lost. However, he wrote Ecclesiastical History Vol 1 & 2 describing many early church details.
Paul gave the basic first principles of the doctrine of Christ in this letter to the Hebrews with instructions to move forward from this starting point.
These six doctrine subjects are the first principles of the doctrines of Christ.
V.1."Therefore, leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, lets us go on unto perfection: not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith towards God.
V.2. Of the doctrine of baptisms and the laying on of hands and the resurrection of the dead and of eternal judgement."
Verses 3-6 give dire warning to all Christians who fall away from these principles.
Additionally, there are a number of doctrines in the New Testament that we clearly see as being taught by our Lord and his first Apostles.
This important list is taken and copied from the Church of God, Cleveland Tennessee, Pentecostal denomination "Declaration of Faith" as emphasized.
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
2. In One God eternally existing in three persons namely: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. He ascended to Heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as The Intercessor.
4. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. Justification, regeneration and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification subsequent to the new birth through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word and by the Holy Spirit.
7. Holiness to be God's standard of living for his people.
8. In the Baptism with the Holy Spirit subsequent to a clean heart.
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
10.In water baptism by immersion and all who repent should be water baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
11. Divine Healing is provided for all in the Atonement.
12. In the Lord's Communion Supper and washing of the saints feet.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection, eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Scriptures informing us of these doctrine basics have not been quoted due to the space needed for the many texts that could be referenced. The informed Bible scholar will know these texts to prove each doctrine. Sadly few today can explain these details. This ministry is commented to the task for many years.
It is suggested that every growing Christian give the needed time to study each listed doctrine by using Strongs Concordance on the internet (www.blueletterbible.org) to look up the subject. Study the references with the chapter and verses given and use the Greek or Hebrew words references for each word of interest. You will grow exponentially in the knowledge of Christ which is God's will for all of us.
There are many other doctrine instructions in the Bible New Testament and some Old Testament texts (Ten Commandments) from the Lord and through his first Apostles. These instructional details need to be taught to all Christians in order to be transformed more into the image of Christ likeness and living in obedience to God Almighty.
SEND YOUR EMAIL WITH COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS OR CALL THE PRAYER LINE NUMBER ON HOMEPAGE WITH THE SAME.